Dr. Sapfo Gourgioti was born in Kavala, Greece. She graduated from the University of Ioannina Medical School in Greece.
After her graduation she worked at a Primary Health Care Centre in the Kavala area and then did her internship in Internal Medicine at the General Hospital of Kavala.
She trained in Dermatology at specialist hospitals in both Greece and the United Kingdom:
- The Skin Hospital, Manchester, UK
- St Mary’s Hospital, London, UK
- St John’s Institute of Dermatology at St Thomas’ Hospital, London, UK
- The University Hospital for Venereal and Skin Diseases, Thessaloniki, Greece
She trained in Dermoscopy at the Medical University of Graz, Austria.(International Course on Dermoscopy)
Dr. Gourgioti continues to attend all major national, European and international congresses in the field of both Clinical and Cosmetic Dermatology.
She is also a member of
- The Hellenic Society of Dermatology and Venereology
- The Hellenic Society of Dermoscopy
- The European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
- The International Dermoscopy Society
Dr Sapfo Gourgioti has her own private practice since 1996. She is fluent in English and French and she welcomes non-Greek speaking patients.